Thursday, March 8, 2012

Brown Sugar Lip Scrub



I seem to always have dry skin on my lips which makes applying lip color of any kind a horrible process. Lipstick never applies properly and only manages to accentuate my dry lips and flaky skin.

This brown sugar lip scrub is my savior. I used to use Vaseline after reading about a quick trick that Tyra Banks used, but then a friend sent me an article about the monstrosity that is petroleum jelly. Since then, this lip scrub has been my go-to.

INGREDIENTS
2/3 cup Brown Sugar
1/3 cup Jojoba Oil
2 tablespoons Honey
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract; optional

DIRECTIONS
Place jojoba oil in a bowl. Add brown sugar in 3 parts. Sometimes brown sugar is clumpy so make your life easier by rubbing the sugar between your fingers so the grains fall into the oil. Add honey and vanilla extra (for scent). Store in a jar or container.


1 comment:

  1. I have also heard brushing your lips as you are brushing your teeth daily helps exfoliate them. Love the BLOG

    ReplyDelete